Another bad loss for the Blue Jays

New, 105 comments
MLB: Los Angeles Angels at Toronto Blue Jays Gerry Angus-USA TODAY Sports

Angels 8 Blue Jays 1

I felt a little divorced from that game, Maybe because we were down early. Maybe because the Facebook video isn’t great. I turned off the sound and listened to Wagner and Wilner (I very much enjoy them on the radio)

Marco Estrada wasn’t good. 4.1 innings, 7 hits (including a Mike Trout homer that barely made it out of the park, it bounced off the top of the wall and over), 4 earned, 2 walks and 1 strikeout. Marco seemed to fall behind every batter, not a recipe for success.

Offensively, we couldn’t do a thing against Nick Tropeano. He went 7.1 (and I was confused about why they wanted to take him out of the game), allowed just 4 hits, 1 walk, with 6 strikeouts.

The only good moment was Dwight Smith, Jr’s first career home run.

Many guys looked terrible at the plate:

  • Donaldson was 1 for 4, but had 2 strikeouts. I can’t remember the last time he pulled a pitch.
  • Teoscar was 0 for 4 with 2 strikeouts. He chased too many pitches off the plate.
  • Kevin Pillar was 0 for 2, with a walk. He hasn’t hit in his last 6 games.
  • Kendrys was 0 for 3, with k. He also made a bad throw to second when we could have had an easy double play.
  • Maile was 0 for 4.

Aaron Loup was excellent for 1.2 innings, no base runners and 2 strikeouts. He’s looked great lately.

John Axford didn’t look as good, 1.0 ining, 1 hit, 1 earned, 2 strikeouts.

Deck McGuire wasn’t any better. 4 hits, 3 earned, 2 walks, 1 k and a Pujols homer in his 2 innings. I’d imagine he’ll be heading back to Buffalo after the game, to make room for Jaime Garcia.The team announced he will start Saturday.

No Jays of the Day. Loup had the high mark at .037.

Suckage: Estrada (-.184).

We had 391 comments. I led the way.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Tom Dakers 86