Blue Jays Roster Moves: Smoak Activated, Urena Down

New, 1 comment

And today’s lineup

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Minnesota Twins Jordan Johnson-USA TODAY Sports

Today’s roster move is a boring one, Justin Smoak comes back from paternity leave. I’m sure he hasn’t slept in the past couple of days.

Richard Urena is the one that goes down to the minors again, without getting an at bat. I wondered if it would be one of the extra outfielders who would be heading back to Buffalo. We’ll see him again this year.

Today’s lineup. Anthony Alford plays left today. Good to get him into a game. Kendrys is still in the lineup, I’m imaging we’ll hear a bunch about how well he hits Archer (.516/.531/1.000, with 3 home runs, in 31 at bats, ok it is a pretty good batting line), but it doesn’t look like Morales can hit anyone who can throw any sort of breaking ball. Gurriel gets the day off, he’s played everyday for the last while.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS TAMPA BAY RAYS
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Denard Span - LF
Josh Donaldson - 3B C.J. Cron - DH
Yangervis Solarte - 2B Matt Duffy - 3B
Justin Smoak - 1B Brad Miller - 1B
Kevin Pillar - CF Wilson Ramos - C
Kendrys Morales - DH Joey Wendle - 2B
Anthony Alford - LF Daniel Robertson - SS
Luke Maile - C Mallex Smith - CF
Aledmys Diaz - SS Carlos Gomez - RF
Marco Estrada - RHP Chris Archer - RHP