Blue Jays put Josh Donaldson on the DL

New, comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Philadelphia Phillies Bill Streicher-USA TODAY Sports

This isn’t good news.

Earlier today Gibby said that Josh Donaldson would play today, but apparently Josh tested his calf and it failed the test, so he’s on the DL and Tim Mayza is being called up.

It is the second time on the DL for Josh this year. It’s retroactive to May 29th, so he would be eligible to come off next weekend, but you never know. These things seem to never clear up as fast as they should.

Josh is hitting .234/.333/.423 with 5 home runs. Not exactly the numbers we have grown to expect from him.

Tim Mayza has been up and down a few times already this year. He has a 4.26 ERA in 6.1 innings, with 10 this, 2 homers, 2 walks and 7 strikeouts again. He had a 0.90 ERA in 10 innings at Buffalo. 6 hits, 1 homer, 3 walks and 17 strikeouts.

Get better quick Josh. We really need you.

It is too bad that we don’t have a third base prospect in the system. Maybe one hitting .475 and making baseball seem like it is far too easy for him. It is really too bad.