clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread Game #77: Jays at Angels

The Jays are going for the split behind Sammy G.

The Angels have been photoshopping the Jays batters into Christmas classics as part of their Christmas in June promotion (they're all here if you want to see them), and Pearce's finally appeared during his 9th inning at bat. He was Ernest Saves Christmas, and it was a good omen as he proceeded to save the game.

There were fireworks to Christmas music after and it was delightful.

Here are today's lineups. Pearce will DH, Maile catches and Grichuk gets a rest day. Smoak is bumped down to 5th.

Today's Lineups

TORONTO BLUE JAYS LOS ANGELES ANGELS
Curtis Granderson - RF Ian Kinsler - 2B
Teoscar Hernandez - LF Mike Trout - DH
Yangervis Solarte - 3B Justin Upton - LF
Steve Pearce - DH Albert Pujols - 1B
Justin Smoak - 1B Luis Valbuena - 3B
Kevin Pillar - CF Andrelton Simmons - SS
Aledmys Diaz - SS Kole Calhoun - RF
Luke Maile - C Martin Maldonado - C
Devon Travis - 2B Chris Young - CF
Sam Gaviglio - RHP Felix Pena - RHP

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.

This GameThread is brought to you by the Write-In Luke Maile campaign, and the Blue Jays Nation—Bluebird Banter Bipartisan Committee for Better Back Catchers (BJNBBBBCBBC).