clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

GameThread Game #81: Tigers at Blue Jays

Kevin Sousa-USA TODAY Sports

The Tigers and old friend Francisco Liriano are in town for a four game series. It is supposed to be very, very hot after today. Yikes. I wonder if they will close the roof. It seems like maybe they should.

Ross Atkins spoke to the media today, and had this to say about upcoming trades:

We have an injury update on Vladito:

Here are tonight's lineups. Darnell Sweeney has been called up to take Pearce's roster spot. Grichuk stays as the leadoff man, and Granderson sits against a lefty. Justin Smoak will bat 5th again.

Today's Lineups

DETROIT TIGERS TORONTO BLUE JAYS
Leonys Martin - CF Randal Grichuk - RF
Jeimer Candelario - 3B Teoscar Hernandez - LF
Nick Castellanos - RF Yangervis Solarte - 3B
Victor Martinez - DH Kendrys Morales - DH
John Hicks - 1B Justin Smoak - 1B
James McCann - C Kevin Pillar - CF
JaCoby Jones - LF Russell Martin - C
Jose Iglesias - SS Aledmys Diaz - SS
Dixon Machado - 2B Devon Travis - 2B
Francisco Liriano - LHP Marcus Stroman - RHP

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.

This GameThread is brought to you by the Write-In Luke Maile campaign, and the Blue Jays Nation—Bluebird Banter Bipartisan Committee for Better Back Catchers (BJNBBBBCBBC).