GameThread Game #124: Blue Jays at Yankees

New, comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Chicago White Sox David Banks-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays are back to trying to avoid the sweep, but it’s a good day because it’s Ryan Borucki Day! It’s also J.A. Happ Day. Just ignore which team he is playing for.

Luis Santos has been optioned down to AAA, and Justin Shafer has been handed a big league promotion. As mentioned yesterday, Marcus Stroman has been placed on the DL, and Thomas Pannone has been recalled. Aaron Sanchez has been transferred to the 60 Day DL to make room on the 40-man for Shafer.

Here is today’s lineup. Martin is batting lead off, Morales is playing first, Teoscar is DHing and Billy McKinney gets another start.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS YANKEES
Russell Martin - 3B Aaron Hicks - CF
Devon Travis - 2B Giancarlo Stanton - DH
Randal Grichuk - RF Miguel Andujar - 3B
Kendrys Morales - 1B Didi Gregorius - SS
Kevin Pillar - CF Gleyber Torres - 2B
Teoscar Hernandez - DH Greg Bird - 1B
Danny Jansen - C Kyle Higashioka - C
Aledmys Diaz - SS Shane Robinson - RF
Billy McKinney - LF Brett Gardner - LF
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.