GameThread Game #130: Phillies at Blue Jays

New, comments

Going for the sweep

MLB: Philadelphia Phillies at Toronto Blue Jays Nick Turchiaro-USA TODAY Sports

Baseball is fun again! Or at least it seems that way when we are playing spoiler and actually winning. Again, very grateful for the NL East.

Troy Tulowitzki spoke at length with the media today, and he had a bunch to say:

He also said he doesn’t believe in rebuilds, and believes the Blue Jays can be competitive next year:

Then there’s this:

Here are today’s lineups. McKinney and Gurriel stay at the top of the lineup, Martin plays 3rd, Jansen catches, and Morales plays 1st, giving Smoak a day off.

Today's Lineups

PHILLIES BLUE JAYS
Cesar Hernandez - 2B Billy McKinney - LF
Rhys Hoskins - LF Lourdes Gurriel - 2B
Carlos Santana - 1B Kendrys Morales - 1B
Wilson Ramos - C Kevin Pillar - CF
Nick Williams - RF Randal Grichuk - RF
Asdrubal Cabrera - DH Russell Martin - 3B
Maikel Franco - 3B Danny Jansen - C
Odubel Herrera - CF Teoscar Hernandez - DH
Scott Kingery - SS Aledmys Diaz - SS
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.