Blue Jays Roster Moves: Pillar Back, Cumpton Optioned

New, comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Atlanta Braves Photo by Scott Cunningham/Getty Images

Kevin Pillar is back, far quicker than any of us expected. It will be 3 weeks tomorrow since he went on the DL. We were told he would be evaluated after 3 weeks, but he’s beat that. I hope he really is 100%.

Brandon Cumpton gets optioned back to Buffalo. He got into a game in Buffalo, but that was the total of his workload since being called up.

Pillar will bat 9th tonight. Travis will bat second.

I was hoping that Dalton Pompey would get called up, either while Pillar was out, or after an expected trade of Curtis Granderson. Instead he’s been suspended at Buffalo. All they are saying is he had an ‘altercation’ with Bisons’ manager Bobby Meacham. No word on what the altercation was about, but it isn’t good to argue with you boss.

I can understand Pompey not being the happiest camper at AAA. He’s had a trying year with a hand injury and a couple of trips up to Toronto and back. This won’t help his standing with the team.

We had a great time at Safeco Field last night. It seemed like most of the crowd were Jays fans. When Morales hit that home run, it was as loud as if he hit it at Rogers CentreMike Hauschild looked terrific. Being a bit cut off from things in Seattle, I had no idea who he was. Neither did the scoreboard operator who didn’t have his name up for the first 2 innings he was out there.

Teoscar Hernandez had a great game too, going 4 for 5, with 3 doubles and making the catches in the outfield. Maybe a day’s benching was enough to get him to concentrate again. Or maybe he just had a good day. I hope it continues.

Look for Kate and me in the stands at the game tonight. We’ll be the ones in Blue Jays gear. Can’t miss us.