Tuesday Bantering: Travis Snider signs with the Diamondbacks

New, comments

That, and some absurdly priced premium tickets.

Texas Rangers v Kansas City Royals Photo by Christian Petersen/Getty Images

Travis Snider, that Toronto Blue Jays outfielder from 2008 to 2011, is still going strong, signing a one-year minor-league deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks. He’s been assigned to the Reno Aces, Arizona’s triple-A affiliate.

He last appeared in the majors in 2015 with the Pittsburgh Pirates, and has suffered with injuries since. After electing free agency after the 2017 season, Snider tried his luck in independent baseball, signing with the Atlantic League’s Long Island Ducks.

He’ll turn 31 before the start of the 2019 season. In his five years with the Blue Jays, Snider posted a slash line of .244/.311/.399 over 242 games. He was dealt at the trade deadline in 2012 to the Pittsburgh Pirates.

If you were looking for expensive Blue Jays tickets, you’re in luck.

Replacing the old press box on the 300 level at the Rogers Centre, the Blue Jays are adding the “Ticketmaster Lounge,” a “premium seating area” complete with fancy seats and food and bar spaces.

The price tag (per season): $33,000 for front row seats, and $24,000 for second row seats.

I will admit, the pictures look nice. But not mortgage-my-future good.