clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Monday Bantering: Rookie of the Year Voting

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Baltimore Orioles Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

The results for the Rookie of the Year voting was released today.

Yordan Alvarez gets the AL Award, getting all the first place votes.

Cavan Biggio finished 5th in the voting, getting 2 second place and 1 third place votes. Vladimir Guerrero finished 7th, getting 1 second place and 2 third place votes. No votes for Bo.

Others getting votes:

  • John Means 2nd
  • Brandon Lowe 3rd
  • Eloy Jimenez 4th
  • Luis Arraez 6th
  • Oscar Mercado 8th.

On the NL side Pete Alonso won the award, getting all but one first place vote. Mike Soroka finished second, getting the one remaining first play vote. Fernando Tatis, Bryan Reynolds, Dakota Hudson and Victor Robles also received votes.

Ryan Tepera cleared release waivers and is a free agent. I’d be happy if the Jays re-signed him. If not, I hope he finds a job somewhere.

And there was this:

I don’t think any player should be untouchable, but I’d need a pretty amazing return for a guy who has four very affordable years left on his contract.

He would have a lot of trade value.

I see lot of people on Twitter saying they would rather we trade one the lesser players on the team, not understanding that if you want a good return you have to offer something good in return.