One of those games where the pitchers are ahead of the batters, the only pitcher to give up runs, on either team, was Thomas Pannone. He gave up 4 runs on 5 hits (2 doubles and a home run) while getting 2 outs. Not a good showing.
Ryan Borucki started, pitched 2 innings. Allowed 2 singles and a walk, but no runs. Had a strikeout.
Other Jays pitchers:
- Conor Fisk: got the third out for Pannone, a grounder that went off his bare hand. But we weren’t told of an injury.
- Sam Gaviglio: 2 innings, 1 single, 1 walk, 2 k.
- Elvis Luciano: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 walk. He got a pop out and 2 ground outs.
- Tim Mayza: 1 inning, 2 singles, k.
- Jacob Waguespack: 1 inning, 2 k.
- Jackson McClelland: 1 inning, k. Ben and Mike said he hit 98 with his fastball.
- Devon Travis: 0 for 2.
- Eric Sogard: 0 for 2
- Brandon Drury: 0 for 2, 2 k. Wilner talked about him having prism lens glasses.
- Santiago Espinal: 1 for 2 with a triple in the 9th.
- Teoscar Hernandez: 2 for 2, double and single. Ben said he took a bad route to a fly ball (but he made the catch).
- Dwight Smith: 0 for 2.
- Justin Smoak: 0 for 2.
- Rowdy Tellez: 0 for 1, walk. Ben said he made a very nice play at first base.
- Kevin Pillar: 0 for 1, walk. Walked in his first at bat. Expect to see many stories of his improved plate discipline.
- Jonathan Davis: 1 for 2, single.
- Danny Jansen: 0 for 2.
- Reese McGuire: 0 for 1.
- Freddy Galvis: 0 for 2, turned a nice DP.
- Richard Urena: 0 for 1.
- Bo Bichette: 1 for 2, k.
- Cavan Biggio: 0 for 1.
- Dalton Pompey: 0 for 2, k.
- Billy McKinney: 0 for 1, k.