Yesterday the pitchers were ahead of the batters, today the opposite.
Sean Reid Foley had a rough first inning and a good second inning. He gave up a hit, a walk and a home run in the first and then had a 1-2-3 second.
- Joe Biagini: 1 inning, 1 hit, 1 k.
- Trent Thornton: 2 innings, one bad, one good. In his first inning he allowed 3 hits, 1 walk and 3 earned (2 hits and the walk were after going up 0-2). The next inning 1-2-3. Had 2 strikeouts
- Shawn Morimando: 1 inning, 1 walk.
- Patrick Murphy: Walked the first two batters he saw, then gave up a single. Orioles runner on second held up at third, runner on first went to third, but Jonathan Davis threw to the wrong place and we didn’t get the out and a runner scored. Next play Bichette made a nice play in the hole, getting the out at first. Another single and another (apparently) bad throw from Davis and Murphy had 3 earned against. Got a strikeout/throw out to end the inning. Pentecost to Bichette.
- Hector Perez: 1 inning, 2 hits, 1 k.
On the batting side, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. went 1 for 3. His single was an infield single, that didn’t make it to the pitcher’s mound. He also had a medium fly ball. Made a nice play, coming in on a ground ball and making the throw to first.
Dalton Pompey was 2-3 with a home run, and was the lead runner in a double steal. He also struck out.
Other batters (starters):
- Billy McKinney: 2 for 3, double.
- Anthony Alford: 1 for 3, k.
- Lourdes Gurriel Jr.: 1 for 3, double.
- Rowdy Tellez: 2 for 3.
- Luke Maile: 0 for 3.
- Dwight Smith Jr.: 1 for 3.
- Richard Urena: 0 for 2.
- Jonathon Davis: 0 for 2. Walk. Error in CF and another bad throw which wasn’t an error.
- Bo Bichette: 1 for 1. Walk. Made a nice play in the hole at short and a nice tag.
- Eric Sograd: 0 for 1. Walk.
- Nash Knight: Walk and hit by pitch (giving him an RBI)
- Forrest Wall: 0 for 2.
- Roemon Fields: 1 for 2. Beat out an infield single, getting an RBI.
- Max Pentecost: 0 for 2. Threw out a basestealer but Wilner made it sound like he was saved by Bo Bichette’s tag.
- Patrick Cantwell: 1 for 2, home run, k. (if you are wondering, he’s 28, played catcher and first in New Hampshire last year).
- Cavan Biggio: 1 for 3.