Well, that one started badly, and didn’t really get any better. Tulo hit Marcus Stroman’s second pitch for an opposite field home run. Right down the right field line and just over the wall. Stroman gave up another homer, in the second inning, to catcher Kyle Higashioka. Stroman went 2 innings, allowed 3 hits, 1 walk, the 2 earned and had a strikeout.
It seems like Tulo has some hurt feelings towards the Jays. I don’t really understand why, I guess getting released was a blow to his ego. Well, I don’t need to guess:
Troy Tulowitzki on whether homer meant more because it came vs #BlueJays: “No doubt about it. Extra special. That was the team that basically told me I couldn’t play any more. It’s spring training, it is what it is, but it was a big day for myself."— Shi Davidi (@ShiDavidi) February 25, 2019
- Danny Barnes: Gave up a double to Judge, but got 2 strikeouts and got out of his inning.
- Javy Guerra: 1 inning, 1 walk, 2 k.
- Justin Shafer: 2 singles but didn’t give up a run.
- Mark Leiter: 2 singles, 1 earned.
- Zach Jackson: 1 walks, 2 strikeouts.
Batters: We only had 1 hit .
- Devon Travis: 0 for 1, walk. started the game off with a walk.
- Kevin Pillar: 0 for 3. He made good contact twice.
- Teoscar Hernandez: 1 for 2, k. A bit of a misplay in the outfield.
- Kendrys Morales: 0 for 2, walk.
- Danny Jansen: 0 for 2, k.
- Brandon Drury: 0 for 2, k.
- Freddy Galvis: 0 for 2. Reached first on an error in left field, a dropped fly ball, but was thrown out going for second.
- Billy McKinney: 0 for 2, k. Played first base. He didn’t have a hard play that I noticed.
- Jonathan Davis: 0 for 2, k.
- Eric Sogard: 0 for 2, k.
- Roemon Fields: 0 for 1.
- Forrest Wall: 0 for 1 and a hit by pitch.
- Reese McGuire: 0 for 1. Had a nice throw out of a base stealer.
- Santiago Espinal: 0 for 1. Made a couple of nice plays in the field.
- Kevin Smith: 0 for 1.
- Cavan Biggio: 0 for 1, k.
- Andrew Guillotte: 0 for 1, k. Made a nice throw, getting a runner at third base.
- Bo Bichette: 0 for 1, k.