Matt Shoemaker became our first spring starter to make it to the 6th inning. Matt threw 5.1 innings, allowed 4 hits (all singles), 1 walk, 3 strikeouts, and just 1 run. Nice to see him have a good outing. He has a 4.85 ERA on the spring.
- Elvis Luciano: 1.2, 2 hits. 9.95.
- Tim Mayza: 1 inning, 1 hit. 0.00.
- Joe Biagini: 1 inning, 1 hit, 2 walks but got out of it without allowing a run.
We didn’t get the big offense we’ve seen over the last couple of weeks. Only managed 5 hits today.
- Freddy Galvis: 0 for 2. .231.
- Brandon Drury: 1 for 2, k. . 345.
- Teoscar Hernandez: 0 for 2, k. .481. He hasn’t had many games without a hit this spring.
- Justin Smoak: 1 for 2, double. .348.
- Kendrys Morales: 1 for 3, legged out a double. .250.
- Lourdes Gurriel: 0 for 2, k. .375. He has had such a good spring, I think he might have won the second base job even if Travis wasn’t hurt.
- Kevin Pillar: 0 for 2. .167.
- Anthony Alford: 0 for 1, walk. .296.
- Luke Maile: 0 for 2. .095.
- Bo Bichette: 1 for 1, walk, double. .406. Having a very nice spring. He was throw out after wandering too far off second when Dalton was trying to bunt. Dalton got the pitch up and in and couldn’t bunt it but Bo went too far off second.
- Dalton Pompey: 0 for 2, k. .231. He hasn’t had a hit since coming back from the foul ball off his knee.
- Jonathan Davis: 0 for 1, walk. .207.
- Richard Urena: 0 for 2. .280.
- Kacy Clemens: 0 for 1, k. .000.
- Cavan Biggio: 0 for 1, walk. .214. Made a nice throw to the plate to get a runner trying to score from second on a fly out to left.
- Eric Sogard: 1 for 1. .259.
- Rowdy Tellez: 0 for 1, k. .316.
- Reese McGuire: 0 for 1. .125.
- Chavez Young, pinch running in the 9th, was thrown out trying to steal second.
On the Yankees’ side, Tulo was 1 for 2 with a walk and he heard a lot of boos from the Dunedin crowd.
The Jays are now 9-8-2 on the spring. Tomorrow they play the Philles in Clearwater and the game is on MLB.TV.