The Blue Jays have put Matt Shoemaker on the IL. They are waiting on results of his MRI, so they don’t know how long he is likely to be out.
Richard Urena has been called up again and will be available for tonight’s game. Urena hit .333/.360/.458 in 8 games when he was with the team at the start of the season. In Buffalo he was hitting .353/.353/.588.
Welcome back Richard. Heal up quick Matt.
Just some random Blue Jays thoughts:
- I really didn’t expect to like Freddy Galvis. In fact I figured to hate him, mostly because I’m waiting for Bo Bichette. But Galvis is leading the team in, batting average home runs (yeah it won’t last), his defense has been good and he made that barehanded catch yesterday, which I still don’t believe.
- The Jays are leading the league in BA with RISP, hitting .315. Hard to believe.
- Also, surprising to me, we aren’t the worst base running team in the league, at least by FanGraphs’ base running runs above average stat. We are about middle of the pack at 0.6. Mariners are at the top of the list at 4.2. Of course, I don’t know if that includes guys thrown out trying to stretch hits.
- We are second from the bottom in stolen bases at 5, one more than the Twins have. The Royals have 24 steals.
- Our old friend Deck McGuire pitched a no-hitter in the KBO. I love the celebration:
Today’s lineup (yeah that’s Hanson at the top of the order):
|Alen Hanson - 2B||Robbie Grossman - LF|
|Freddy Galvis - SS||Marcus Semien - SS|
|Randal Grichuk - CF||Matt Chapman - 3B|
|Justin Smoak - 1B||Khris Davis - DH|
|Teoscar Hernandez - LF||Kendrys Morales - 1B|
|Brandon Drury - 3B||Stephen Piscotty - RF|
|Rowdy Tellez - DH||Jurickson Profar - 2B|
|Danny Jansen - C||Ramon Laureano - CF|
|Billy McKinney - RF||Nick Hundley - C|