GameThread Game #67: Blue Jays at Orioles

New, 588 comments

plus a (potential) major league debut alert

MLB: Los Angeles Angels at Baltimore Orioles Tommy Gilligan-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays will look to even up the series behind opener Derek Law, then Edwin “we don’t have anybody else” Jackson will follow.

Jordan Romano has been called up from AAA Buffalo, and could make his major league debut tonight.

Here are tonight’s lineups. We have a youthful top of the order in Biggio, Guerrero and Gurriel, Smoak has been dropped down to 5th, and Maile will catch for Hudson/Jackson.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS ORIOLES
Cavan Biggio - 2B Jonathan Villar - SS
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B Anthony Santander - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Trey Mancini - RF
Randal Grichuk - RF Chance Sisco - DH
Justin Smoak - 1B Renato Nunez - 1B
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Pedro Severino - C
Rowdy Tellez - DH Rio Ruiz - 3B
Freddy Galvis - SS Hanser Alberto - 2B
Luke Maile - C Keon Broxton - CF

Poll

At the end of today’s game, Edwin Jackson’s 11.90 ERA will go:

This poll is closed

  • 60%
    Up
    (29 votes)
  • 39%
    Down
    (19 votes)
48 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will the Jays score more than two runs today?

This poll is closed

  • 51%
    Seems like they should
    (24 votes)
  • 48%
    Sadly no
    (23 votes)
47 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will this be Edwin Jackson’s last outing as a Blue Jay?

This poll is closed

  • 56%
    I sure hope so
    (28 votes)
  • 44%
    We don’t have anybody else
    (22 votes)
50 votes total Vote Now

GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.