Jays roster moves: Kingham activated, Pannone down

New, 6 comments

And today’s lineup, no Vlad

MLB: Game One-Pittsburgh Pirates at Cincinnati Reds Aaron Doster-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays traded for Nick Kingham the other day, today he’s activated and Thomas Pannone goes back to Buffalo.

Nick is a RHP, he’s thrown 110.1 major league innings in his season and a bit in the majors. He has a 6.67 ERA, has allowed 133 hits, 43 walks and 101 strikeouts. He’s averaged 92.1 MPH on his fastball, and uses a slider, a change and a curve.

Thomas...well you saw him last night. He has a 5.91 ERA in 35 innings for the Jays this season, with a few trips back and forth from Buffalo mixed in. He looked good early in the season, but has had a tough time for the last month or so. Over the last month batters have hit .245/.373/.469 against him.

I’d imagine Kingham will be the long man in the pen.

No Vlad today. No word on how long he he’ll be sitting. I’m hoping he’ll be back soon. Drury takes his spot at third.

Update: There are some injury notes: