GameThread Game #71: Blue Jays at Astros

New, comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Houston Astros Photo by Bob Levey/Getty Images

Happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there - we appreciate everything you do for us!

Thank you to everyone for all the birthday wishes yesterday. You all know how to make a gal feel loved.

The Jays are looking to prevent the sweep behind Trent Thornton, who was of course drafted and traded by the Astros.

Here are today’s lineups for Father’s Day. Vlad Jr is back in at DH after sitting yesterday with a bruised hand, Smoak is still out with a hamstring injury, and Jansen will catch for Thornton.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS ASTROS
Eric Sogard - 3B Alex Bregman - 3B
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - DH Michael Brantley - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Yordan Alvarez - DH
Rowdy Tellez - 1B Josh Reddick - RF
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Robinson Chirinos - C
Cavan Biggio - 2B Tyler White - 1B
Randal Grichuk - RF Tony Kemp - 2B
Freddy Galvis - SS Jack Mayfield - SS
Danny Jansen - C Myles Straw - CF

Poll

Will any of the sons of famous fathers (Guerrero, Gurriel or Biggio) homer today?

This poll is closed

  • 74%
    Heck yes
    (37 votes)
  • 26%
    Sadly no
    (13 votes)
50 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Trent Thornton put up a quality start against his former team?

This poll is closed

  • 66%
    Heck yes
    (36 votes)
  • 33%
    Sadly no
    (18 votes)
54 votes total Vote Now

Poll

I will be celebrating Father’s Day by:

This poll is closed

  • 52%
    Watching the Blue Jays game
    (27 votes)
  • 9%
    BBQing Something
    (5 votes)
  • 3%
    Playing Golf
    (2 votes)
  • 33%
    Something Else
    (17 votes)
51 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.