GameThread Game #72: Angels at Blue Jays

New, comments
Boston Red Sox v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

Here’s hoping a morning of watching the Toronto Raptors parade around the city will help provide the Blue Jays with some much needed inspiration.

Here are today’s lineups. Gurriel gets a day off, Biggio is in left field, and Smoak is still out with his hamstring injury.

Today's Lineups

ANGELS BLUE JAYS
Tommy La Stella - 3B Eric Sogard - DH
Mike Trout - CF Cavan Biggio - LF
Shohei Ohtani - DH Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B
Justin Upton - LF Rowdy Tellez - 1B
Kole Calhoun - RF Teoscar Hernandez - CF
David Fletcher - 2B Randal Grichuk - RF
Justin Bour - 1B Freddy Galvis - SS
Jonathan Lucroy - C Brandon Drury - 2B
Wilfredo Tovar - SS Luke Maile - C

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 14%
    0
    (8 votes)
  • 50%
    1
    (27 votes)
  • 22%
    2
    (12 votes)
  • 9%
    3
    (5 votes)
  • 3%
    4
    (2 votes)
54 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will the opener strategy be successful for the Jays tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 28%
    Yes it will!
    (17 votes)
  • 71%
    Sadly no
    (42 votes)
59 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will David Phelps pitch a scoreless inning in his Blue Jays debut?

This poll is closed

  • 70%
    Heck yes
    (38 votes)
  • 29%
    Sadly no
    (16 votes)
54 votes total Vote Now

GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.