Blue Jays Roster Moves: Phelps activated, Shafer to Buffalo

New, 11 comments

And today’s lineup. Derek Law opens.

Toronto Blue Jays Photo Day Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images

The Blue Jays made a couple of roster moves, while everyone is busy watching the parade.

David Phelps was activated from the 60-day IL. You may have forgotten that we signed him as a free agent back in January. He has been working his way back from Tommy John surgery.

I’m really sad to see that Justin Shafer is the one going down to make room for Phelps. Justin pitch in 3 games, in this stint Justin pitched in 3 games, 4.1 innings, allowing 4 hits, 2 earned, 3 walks with 6 strikeouts. I really enjoyed watching him.

Elvis Luciano gets transferred to the 60-day DL to make room for Phelps on the 40-man roster. Wilner tells us that Elvis needs 13 more days on the active roster to clear the Rule-5 limits, so that the Jays can do with him as they choose next year. Might as well use the rulns in our favor.

Today’s lineup. Derek Law does the opener duties.