GameThread Game #73: Angels at Blue Jays

New, comments
MLB: Los Angeles Angels at Toronto Blue Jays Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

The Jays are looking to even up the series behind staff ace Marcus Stroman.

In case you missed the roster moves earlier today, Justin Smoak has been placed on the IL, and Justin Shafer is back up. Edwin Jackson has also been placed on the IL, and Billy McKinney is back.

Here are today’s lineups. Sogard leads off, Vlad gets another DH day, and Grichuk will play CF while Teoscar presumably is still out after crashing into the wall yesterday.

Today's Lineups

ANGELS BLUE JAYS
Tommy La Stella - 2B Eric Sogard - 2B
Mike Trout - CF Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - DH
Shohei Ohtani - DH Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Albert Pujols - 1B Cavan Biggio - RF
Kole Calhoun - RF Randal Grichuk - CF
David Fletcher - 3B Rowdy Tellez - 1B
Kevan Smith - C Freddy Galvis - SS
Brian Goodwin - LF Danny Jansen - C
Luis Rengifo - SS Brandon Drury - 3B

Poll

How many innings will Marcus Stroman pitch tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 0%
    0-2
    (0 votes)
  • 0%
    3-4
    (0 votes)
  • 14%
    5
    (6 votes)
  • 85%
    6
    (35 votes)
41 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Guerrero, Gurriel or Biggio homer tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 95%
    Yes!
    (40 votes)
  • 4%
    No.
    (2 votes)
42 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many times will Mike Trout reach base safely tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 2%
    0-1
    (1 vote)
  • 34%
    2
    (14 votes)
  • 46%
    3
    (19 votes)
  • 17%
    4+
    (7 votes)
41 votes total Vote Now

GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.