Jays lose, yes I’m tired of writing headlines for losses

New, comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Colorado Rockies Photo by Matthew Stockman/Getty Images

Blue Jays 1 Rockies 5

Once again it looked like we might get a big first inning and once again we didn’t. Eric Sogard singled on the first pitch of the game and Vladimir Guerrero singled on the next pitch giving us runners on first and third. Sogard scored on a ground ball to first. There was a throw home but the Rockies catcher seemed a bit slow to put down the tag and Eric was safe. After a ground out, a walk loaded the bases with 1 out, but a ground out force at the plate and a fly out ended the inning with just one scoring.

And that was pretty much it for offense for our Jays. Rockies starter Antonio Senzatela went 6 innings, allowing just 4 hits, 3 walks with 4 strikeouts.

The offensive troubles really are getting me down. We only had 6 hits today, all singles. Sogard and Luke Maile had two each and we had one each from Guerrero and Justin Smoak (who also had 2 walks).

After the nail problem in his last start, Aaron Sanchez didn’t have any finger issues (that we heard about), today.

He gave up a run in each of the first 3 innings:

  • In the first off 3 consecutive singles.
  • In the second after walking the Rockies pitcher with 2 outs. And then a single and a double drove him home. Really....should never walk the pitcher.
  • And in the third there was a 1-out walk and a double.

And Aaron gave up a solo homer in the 6th, a ball that might still be in the air.

In all 6 innings, 4 earned, 3 walks and 2 strikeouts. Not good enough, especially with a team that can’t score.

Justin Shafer gave up a home run in his inning and Thomas Pannone had a scoreless inning, helped by a nice double play

Jays of the Day: Smoak had the number (.161 WPA).

Suckage: Grichuk (-.163, 0 for 4) and Galvis (-.152 for an 0 for 4, 2k).

We had 307 comments in the GameThread. Link Floyd led us to defeat.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Link Floyd 49
2 Tom Dakers 43
3 Belisarius 41