Three Blue Jays on John Sickel’s Updated Top 100 Prospects List

Toronto Blue Jays Photo Day Photo by Mike Ehrmann/Getty Images

Our old friend, John Sickels, now in the Athletic, has updated his top 100 prospect list. 20 players have graduated off the list, including Vladimir Guerrero Jr. and Danny Jansen from the Blue Jays.

Even without Vlad and Danny there are three Blue Jays on the list:

11) Bo Bichette, SS, Toronto Blue Jays, Grade A-: Previously number 16; hitting .280/.368/.451 in 82 at-bats between A and AAA.

31) Nate Pearson, RHP, Toronto Blue Jays, Grade B+: Previously not ranked due to 2018 injuries; healthy and superb in 2019 with 1.89 ERA in 48 innings, 66/8 K/BB, just 29 hits in High-A and AA; heading towards top twenty.

53) Jordan Groshans, SS-3B, Toronto Blue Jays, Grade B+: Previously 70, hot start at .337/.427/.482 in 23 games in Low-A until going down with foot injury; I saw enough to bump him up here and more is possible once he’s healthy.

It is good to see that even with Vlad off the list we still have some players among the top prospects in baseball. John Notes that he hasn’t considered anyone in this year’s draft. The new number one on the list is Wander Franco from the Rays. Go take a look at the full list.