GameThread Game #76: Blue Jays at Red Sox

New, comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Boston Red Sox Photo by Maddie Meyer/Getty Images

The Blue Jays are in Boston to take on the 3rd place Red Sox, and they have to face Chris Sale. Time to see what our rookies can do.

Here are today’s lineups. Vlad gets another DH day, Sogard stays in the lead off spot, and Jansen will catch for Thornton.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RED SOX
Eric Sogard - 2B Mookie Betts - RF
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - DH Andrew Benintendi - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Xander Bogaerts - SS
Teoscar Hernandez - CF J.D. Martinez - DH
Randal Grichuk - RF Brock Holt - 2B
Freddy Galvis - SS Michael Chavis - 1B
Danny Jansen - C Jackie Bradley Jr. - CF
Billy McKinney - 1B Eduardo Nunez - 3B
Brandon Drury - 3B Sandy Leon - C

Poll

How many runs will the Jays score off Chris Sale?

This poll is closed

  • 20%
    0
    (10 votes)
  • 14%
    1-2
    (7 votes)
  • 46%
    3-4
    (23 votes)
  • 20%
    5+
    (10 votes)
50 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many Red Sox will Trent Thornton strike out?

This poll is closed

  • 6%
    1-3
    (3 votes)
  • 35%
    4-5
    (16 votes)
  • 37%
    6-7
    (17 votes)
  • 20%
    8+
    (9 votes)
45 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will a Blue Jay hit a home run over the green monster?

This poll is closed

  • 74%
    Heck yes!
    (35 votes)
  • 25%
    Sadly no
    (12 votes)
47 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.