GameThread Game #77: Blue Jays at Red Sox

New, comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Boston Red Sox Photo by Kathryn Riley /Getty Images

The Blue Jays will look to bounce back after a tough loss last night. I have much more confidence in the opener play when Sam Gaviglio is following rather than Edwin Jackson. Let’s see if it works.

Here are today’s lineups. Tellez is in at 1st, Biggio is in at 2nd, and Maile will catch for the bullpen day.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RED SOX
Eric Sogard - DH Mookie Betts - RF
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B Andrew Benintendi - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Xander Bogaerts - SS
Randal Grichuk - RF J.D. Martinez - DH
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Brock Holt - 2B
Cavan Biggio - 2B Christian Vazquez - C
Freddy Galvis - SS Jackie Bradley Jr. - CF
Rowdy Tellez - 1B Michael Chavis - 1B
Luke Maile - C Eduardo Nunez - 3B

Poll

Will the Blue Jays "opener" strategy be successful today?

This poll is closed

  • 28%
    Yes, it will be a thing of beauty
    (14 votes)
  • 71%
    Sadly no
    (35 votes)
49 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will a Blue Jay hit a home run over the Green Monster today?

This poll is closed

  • 57%
    Heck yes!
    (27 votes)
  • 42%
    Sadly no
    (20 votes)
47 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many innings will Sam Gaviglio pitch today?

This poll is closed

  • 22%
    1-2
    (11 votes)
  • 39%
    3
    (19 votes)
  • 27%
    4
    (13 votes)
  • 10%
    5+
    (5 votes)
48 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.