GameThread Game #78: Blue Jays at Red Sox

New, comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Boston Red Sox Photo by Kathryn Riley /Getty Images

First and foremost, a member of the BBB Braintrust has a birthday today, so Happy Birthday Matt W! We are so grateful for all your hard work and contributions here. My vocabulary, knowledge of the Blue Jays minor league systems and baseball rules in general have vastly increased thanks to you. Have a great one, sir!

Can we safely assume at this point that whichever team has the strong lead in the 7th inning of this game will inevitably lose? What a wild couple of days it has been at Fenway Park.

The team announced today that Sean Reid-Foley has been recalled, and Jordan Romano has been optioned down to AAA. Tough luck for Romano, but the need for a reliever who can go multiple innings was too dire.

Here is today’s lineup that will try to pull out a birthday win for Matt W:

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RED SOX
Eric Sogard - 2B Mookie Betts - RF
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - DH Andrew Benintendi - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Xander Bogaerts - SS
Cavan Biggio - RF J.D. Martinez - DH
Freddy Galvis - SS Brock Holt - 3B
Rowdy Tellez - 1B Christian Vazquez - C
Randal Grichuk - CF Jackie Bradley Jr. - CF
Brandon Drury - 3B Michael Chavis - 1B
Danny Jansen - C Marco Hernandez - 2B

Poll

How many innings will Marcus Stroman pitch today?

This poll is closed

  • 1%
    0-3
    (1 vote)
  • 10%
    4-5
    (6 votes)
  • 65%
    6
    (36 votes)
  • 21%
    7+
    (12 votes)
55 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will a Blue Jay hit a home run over the green monster?

This poll is closed

  • 67%
    Heck yes
    (25 votes)
  • 32%
    Not today
    (12 votes)
37 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will the team that takes the lead first win the game today?

This poll is closed

  • 42%
    It’s overdue to happen
    (15 votes)
  • 57%
    Nah, let the late inning chaos reign
    (20 votes)
35 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.