Jays Roster Move: Mayza back, Shafer down

New, comments
Baltimore Orioles v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

The Blue Jays have activated Tim Mayza off the IL, and options Justin Shafer to Buffalo for tonight’s game with the Yankees. Mayza had left ulnar neuritis (inflammation). He went on the IL May 23rd. Mayza has a 3.48 ERA in 25 appearances this season.

Shafer pitched in 3 games, 3.2 innings. He allowed 6 hits, 2 earned, 1 home run, 5 walks (2 intentional), with 2 strikeouts. Shafer had a 0.96 ERA in 15 games at Buffalo. I was hoping he would get a longer look. I’m sure we’ll see him again this year.

And Zac Rosscup cleared waivers, and has elected free agency.

Today’s lineup: