GameThread Game #61: Yankees at Blue Jays

New, 438 comments
MLB: New York Yankees at Toronto Blue Jays John E. Sokolowski-USA TODAY Sports

The Blue Jays are somehow going for the series win. Go get ‘em.

Jonathan Davis has been optioned down to AAA, and Teoscar Hernandez, our apparent new center fielder, has been recalled.

Here are tonight’s lineups. Teoscar Hernandez starts in center, Vlad Jr gets a DH day, and Jansen will catch for Thornton.

Today's Lineups

YANKEES BLUE JAYS
DJ LeMahieu - 2B Lourdes Gurriel - LF
Luke Voit - 1B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - DH
Gary Sanchez - C Justin Smoak - 1B
Kendrys Morales - DH Randal Grichuk - RF
Gleyber Torres - SS Brandon Drury - 3B
Clint Frazier - RF Teoscar Hernandez - CF
Brett Gardner - CF Cavan Biggio - 2B
Gio Urshela - 3B Freddy Galvis - SS
Cameron Maybin - LF Danny Jansen - C

Poll

How many batters will Trent Thornton strike out today?

This poll is closed

  • 11%
    0-3
    (5 votes)
  • 72%
    4-6
    (31 votes)
  • 13%
    7-8
    (6 votes)
  • 2%
    9+
    (1 vote)
43 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many times will Kendrys Morales reach base today?

This poll is closed

  • 39%
    0
    (18 votes)
  • 52%
    1
    (24 votes)
  • 4%
    2
    (2 votes)
  • 4%
    3+
    (2 votes)
46 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many baseballs will Teoscar Hernandez successfully catch for outs in center field today?

This poll is closed

  • 11%
    0-1
    (5 votes)
  • 45%
    2-3
    (20 votes)
  • 31%
    4-5
    (14 votes)
  • 11%
    6+
    (5 votes)
44 votes total Vote Now

BONUS POLL:

Poll

Who is going to win Game 3 of the NBA finals today?

This poll is closed

  • 76%
    Raptors
    (35 votes)
  • 23%
    Toronto
    (11 votes)
46 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.