Jays Roster Move: Davis Down, Hernandez Up to play CF

New, 45 comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Minnesota Twins Photo by Hannah Foslien/Getty Images

The Blue Jays have sent Jonathan Davis back down to Buffalo and Teoscar Hernandez is coming back up.

But that’s just part of the news. Hernandez will be our center fielder for the foreseeable future. He had been playing center in Buffalo. I’m not really sure it is a good idea, but I guess we’ll see.

Davis wasn’t hitting at all, .143/.176/.204 in 51 at bats. He was making highlight reel catches in the outfield. He also had some bad moments in the outfield.

Teoscar, since going down to Buffalo has hit .253/.313/.480 with 5 home runs in 75 at bats. His last 10 games hasn’t been great. He’s hitting just .129 in 31 at bats in his last 10 games, with 1 home run.

We live in interesting times.

Today’s lineup: