Bad night for Stroman and bad offense, Jays lose

New, 28 comments
Arizona Diamondbacks v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Tom Szczerbowski/Getty Images

Diamondbacks 8 Blue Jays 2

Through 3 innings, Marcus Stroman had faced the minimum and we thought we were going to get to see another good start from him. The question seemed to be if we would score for him or not.

Then came the fourth. Single, walk, single, double and home run and we were down 5-0.

We finally scored in the bottom of the fifth, Teoscar Hernandez hit one out, the opposite way, but the Diamondbacks would get their own solo homer in the top of the 6th.

Marcus went 5.2, allowed 7 hits, 6 earned, 2 walks and 4 strikeouts. That’s the most earned runs Marcus has given up this season, he gave up 5, in 4.2, on May 6.

Derek Law came in and gave up a 1 in his 1.1.

Elvis Luciano pitched a nice 8th and gave up a solo homer in the 9th.

Offensively, we did very little once again. through 7 innings we had 3 hits (the Hernandez homer, and singles from Lourdes Gurriel and Freddy Galvis. Randal and Gurriel got our 4th and 5th hits in the bottom of the ninth and Randal scored on an error on SS Nick Ahmed, who threw past first on Lourdes hit.

It would be nice to see some offense again one day. We did have some hard hit balls. We had a couple of fly balls in the first two innings which I thought were going to leave the park, and Vlad hit one to the wall in center in the 9th. Vlad went 0 for for the second night in a row.

We had a couple of nice catches in the outfield tonight. In the first inning Randal Grichuk ran a long way to make a catch in right. And in the 8th inning, Gurriel made an excellent diving catch. Vladimir Guerrero Jr. made a nice play at third too.

No JoD today.

Suckage: Stroman (-.272 WPA) and Sogard (-.092). But really the whole batting lineup deserves one.

We only had 140 comments in the GameThread, as most of us turned over to the Raptors game. I left us to yet another dismal loss.

# Commenter # Comments
1 Tom Dakers 32
2 delv213 16
3 Link Floyd 16