GameThread Game #64: Diamondbacks at Blue Jays

New, 173 comments
Boston Red Sox v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images

The Blue Jays will be looking to even out the series today. Even if that doesn’t happen, hopefully we can find joy in at least watching them play a team who isn’t the Yankees, Red Sox, or Rays.

While he is recovery from surgery, it appears as if Matt Shoemaker has hopped on the Raptors’ bandwagon:

Minor Leaguer here: Kate is out on a hike this morning, so she asked me to post the lineups and I didn’t forget!

Lineup

DIAMONDBACKS BLUE JAYS
Jarrod Dyson - CF Cavan Biggio - 2B
Tim Locastro - RF Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B
Ketel Marte - 2B Justin Smoak - DH
David Peralta - LF Randal Grichuk - RF
Christian Walker - DH Lourdes Gurriel Jr. - LF
Ildemaro Vargas - 3B Rowdy Tellez - 1B
Nick Ahmed - SS Teoscar Hernández - CF
Alex Avila - C Brandon Drury - SS
Kevin Cron - 1B Luke Maile - C

Poll

How many innings will Aaron Sanchez pitch today?

This poll is closed

  • 12%
    0-3
    (4 votes)
  • 33%
    4
    (11 votes)
  • 36%
    5
    (12 votes)
  • 18%
    6+
    (6 votes)
33 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Who will hit more home runs today?

This poll is closed

  • 63%
    Diamondbacks
    (19 votes)
  • 20%
    Blue Jays
    (6 votes)
  • 16%
    It’ll be a tie
    (5 votes)
30 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will the cameras show someone in the ballpark wearing a Raptors jersey today?

This poll is closed

  • 100%
    Seems inevitable
    (31 votes)
  • 0%
    Not today
    (0 votes)
31 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.