Jays Roster Moves: Thornton, Adam, Fisher added

New, comments
MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Detroit Tigers Tim Fuller-USA TODAY Sports

No surprise, the Jays made a bunch of roster moves today:

Trent Thornton has come off the IL and will start tonight. Thornton went on the IL after his last start July 20th. He had a stretch of bad starts and went on the IL with elbow inflammation (it seems to be the popular injury this year.

New Blue Jays outfielder Derek Fisher has been added to the roster. I’m thinking he’ll be platooning with Teoscar Hernandez in center field in the long run, but he’ll likely be playing in place of Lourdes Gurriel if he needs a day or two off after leaving yesterday’s game.

And they have added Jason Adam to the roster. Adam is a right-handed reliever who we picked up from the Royals back in March. He’s pitched a bit in Buffalo. 8 games, 3.60 ERA. In 10 innings he allowed 8 hits, 2 homers, 5 walks with 16 strikeouts. He missed a couple of months with an injury.

I guess Buddy Bosher is still with the team.

I think we are in for a lot of roster moves over the next week or two.

I’d imagine Fisher might not have got here in time to go in the starting lineup.