GameThread Game #126: Mariners at Blue Jays

New, comments
Seattle Mariners v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Vaughn Ridley/Getty Images

Today the Blue Jays have a chance at another series win, which is still pretty surreal to be saying in 2019. The team will be going for the W behind (staff ace?) Trent Thornton. Let’s do it.

Here are today’s lineups. Smoak gets a DH day as Tellez will play 1st. Grichuk is in center and McKinney gets a start.

Today's Lineups

MARINERS BLUE JAYS
Tim Lopes - LF Bo Bichette - SS
J.P. Crawford - SS Cavan Biggio - 2B
Omar Narvaez - C Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B
Kyle Seager - 3B Randal Grichuk - CF
Austin Nola - 1B Rowdy Tellez - 1B
Daniel Vogelbach - DH Justin Smoak - DH
Dee Gordon - 2B Derek Fisher - LF
Keon Broxton - CF Billy McKinney - RF
Dylan Moore - RF Reese McGuire - C

Poll

How many batters will Trent Thornton strikeout?

This poll is closed

  • 2%
    0-2
    (1 vote)
  • 38%
    3-4
    (18 votes)
  • 51%
    5-6
    (24 votes)
  • 8%
    7+
    (4 votes)
47 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will the Jays have 7 or more hits today?

This poll is closed

  • 84%
    Heck yes
    (38 votes)
  • 15%
    Sadly no
    (7 votes)
45 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will a Blue Jay successfully steal a base today?

This poll is closed

  • 30%
    Most certainly!
    (14 votes)
  • 69%
    Not today
    (32 votes)
46 votes total Vote Now

GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.