GameThread Game #128: Blue Jays at Dodgers

New, comments

[Bonus: Bisons at Red Wings]

2018 World Series Game 3: LA Dodgers Vs Boston Red Sox At Dodger Stadium Photo by Jim Davis/The Boston Globe via Getty Images

The Blue Jays are in my neck of the woods to play at Dodger Stadium for the first time in 12 years. I will be there tonight and have convinced five friends to come along with me, so I am the *most* excited.

Minor Leaguer: I figured that since this is big Nate Pearson’s 23rd birthday and his debut with the triple-A Bisons that we put this up early so folks can discuss that game as well. You can watch it on MiLB.tv if you have a subscription, or tune in to the radio broadcast for free here.

Here is the Bisons’ lineup for the Birthday Boy’s AAA debut:

And here is tonight’s Jays lineup. Vlad Guerrero is back in at 3rd, batting third (did I not tell you he’d be fine?), Drury bats second and plays 2nd, and Derek Fisher will get the start in left and bat left against the lefty.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS DODGERS
Bo Bichette - SS A.J. Pollock - CF
Brandon Drury - 2B Max Muncy - 3B
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B Will Smith - C
Randal Grichuk - RF Cody Bellinger - 1B
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Chris Taylor - LF
Justin Smoak - 1B Corey Seager - SS
Danny Jansen - C Enrique Hernandez - 2B
Derek Fisher - LF Joc Pederson - RF
Sean Reid-Foley - RHP Clayton Kershaw - LHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 34%
    0
    (44 votes)
  • 42%
    1
    (53 votes)
  • 10%
    2
    (13 votes)
  • 12%
    All 3!
    (16 votes)
126 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Who will be the first Blue Jays player to hit a home run at Dodger Stadium?

This poll is closed

  • 24%
    An outfielder
    (27 votes)
  • 65%
    An infielder (inc. catcher)
    (73 votes)
  • 2%
    A pitcher
    (3 votes)
  • 8%
    No one will hit a home run in this series
    (9 votes)
112 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many times will Blue Jays pitchers safely reach base in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 52%
    0-1
    (56 votes)
  • 42%
    2-3
    (46 votes)
  • 0%
    4-5
    (1 vote)
  • 3%
    6+
    (4 votes)
107 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Bonus: Will Kate to see a Blue Jays win this week?

This poll is closed

  • 66%
    Heck yes!
    (70 votes)
  • 33%
    No, she will finish the 2019 season 0-5 :(
    (35 votes)
105 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.