Jays roster move: Jason Adam up, Sean Reid-Foley down

New, comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Baltimore Orioles Photo by Will Newton/Getty Images

The Blue Jays made a roster move before tonight’s game. Sean Reid-Foley is on his way back to Buffalo. Jason Adam is back with the team. We now have a two man starting rotation.

Adam pitched in 5 games for us this season. In 7 inning he allowed3 hits, 1 earned, 3 walks and 5 strikeouts. At Buffalo he had a 2.57 ERA in 14 innings, with 10 hits, 5 walks and 20 strikeouts.

Reid-Foley, as you know, had a rough time of it yesterday. In total, for the Jays, he has a 4.26 ERA in 9 games, 6 starts. In 32.2 inning he’s allowed 33 hits, 5 homers, 21 walks with 28 strikeouts. I’d imagine we’ll see him again this year.

Also Travis Bergen has been returned to the Jays from the Giants. He’s on his way to Buffalo too. Bergen had a 5.49 ERA in 19.2 innings with the Giants, allowing 18 this, 4 home runs, 9 walks and 18 strikeouts. I figured the Giants would hold on to him, since we are so close to September.

Nate Pearson had a terrific first AAA start. Pitching 7 innings, for the first time in his career, he allowed just 3 hits, no walks, no runs with 3 strikeouts. And he hit 99 on the radar gun in the 7th inning. He’s up to 90.2 innings of work this year. As much as it would be fun to see him in Toronto, I think they will be wanting to limit his innings. I think 2 more starts in Buffalo will be his year. But then he would look really good in our bullpen.

Vlad gets the night off tonight. I’m ok with them being careful with him.

Today’s lineup: