FanPost

One Moment Makes You Love A Player Forever

So, backstory:

I was walking through Toronto airport last week, and saw that the Jays game was on a bar tv. I had no time to stop, so I knew I would only see one pitch - so I said "C'mon Grichy - make this one count". Sure enough, Randall cranked one out of the park on that very pitch. Ever since, I find myself having a special affinity for our dear Handsome Randy.

Have any of you ever had a similar incident/play/experience that led you to have a special place in your baseball heart for a particular player? (Bonus points if it is a non-star player.)