Around the Nest - Week 22, 2019: Yesterday is Not Far Enough Away

New, comments

The Blue Jays minor league podcast for the week of August 16-22

Around The Nest Blue Jays minor league podcast Jesse Goldberg-Strassler/Lansing Lugnuts

Thank Goodness It’s Friday because that means it’s Around The Nest day!

Every Friday during the minor league season we release a new episode of our podcast to check in on Blue Jays prospects up and down the farm system and to see how each team is doing. The Voice of the Lansing Lugnuts Jesse Goldberg-Strassler hosts the show and the radio broadcasters at each level from Bluefield to Buffalo call in to give their updates for the week.

Yesterday was a tough day for pretty much all the teams, but let’s forget about it and reminisce about the rest of the week, where we once again saw a bunch of solid performances from young Blue Jays pitchers. Join us today at 4 pm ET for the live show or click here after the show ends to download an archived copy.

Here’s the episode’s description from Jesse:

Playoff chances suffered a blow throughout the system this week, with still only Dunedin assured a spot for postseason play among the Blue Jays’ affiliates. But why talk about a 20-3 loss when we can discuss Nate Pearson’s Triple-A debut amid a slew of Buffalo gems, plus Kevin Smith’s two-homer game for New Hampshire, a 19-1 rout for Lansing, Adam Kloffenstein and Alex Nolan’s continued dominance, and more, in our latest circuit around the Jays’ farm system!

Every week, we take questions submitted to us here in the comments on Bluebird Banter or via Twitter (@AroundNest). So, ask away!

Around The Nest can be found live at BlogTalkRadio or as a recording on Apple Podcasts, PlayerFM, Podomatic, PodBean, Stitcher, and elsewhere!