GameThread Game #131: Blue Jays at Rogers Center West

New, comments
Oakland Athletics v. Seattle Mariners

The Blue Jays are in Seattle to take on the Mariners at SafeCo Field T-Mobile Park, or as we lovingly refer to it here, the Rogers Center west (note to self, this should go in the BBB glossary). Minor Leaguer, Tom and I attended last year, and suddenly I am missing it terribly.

I am sure all the young players on the Jays will be blown away by the sheer volume of Jays’ fans present in the park. Hopefully it will inspire some wins.

It’s also Players’ Weekend, so we will be treated to some really terrible uniforms. What a time to be alive.

Here are today’s lineups. Vlad gets a DH day, Derek Fisher will bat 2nd, and Biggio drops down in the order to 7th.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS MARINERS
Bo Bichette - SS Mallex Smith - RF
Derek Fisher - LF J.P. Crawford - SS
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - DH Austin Nola - 1B
Randal Grichuk - RF Kyle Seager - 3B
Justin Smoak - 1B Omar Narvaez - C
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Daniel Vogelbach - DH
Cavan Biggio - 2B Tim Lopes - LF
Brandon Drury - 3B Jake Fraley - CF
Reese McGuire - C Dee Gordon - 2B

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 5%
    0
    (3 votes)
  • 5%
    1
    (3 votes)
  • 50%
    2
    (27 votes)
  • 37%
    All 3!
    (20 votes)
53 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many times will Reese McGuire reach first base playing in his hometown?

This poll is closed

  • 4%
    0
    (2 votes)
  • 27%
    1
    (13 votes)
  • 45%
    2
    (22 votes)
  • 22%
    3+
    (11 votes)
48 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will you still be awake at the end of this game?

This poll is closed

  • 47%
    Most likely, what else would I be doing?
    (23 votes)
  • 52%
    Nah, I’m turning in early
    (25 votes)
48 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.