There isn’t much for Blue Jays news this afternoon.
- Ryan Tepera is in Toronto but won’t be activated until Sunday.
- Montoyo said that he would like to see Jonathan Davis up in September. I don’t have any doubt that he will be up.
Lourdes Gurriel Jr. will continue his rehab here due to the Hurricane approaching Florida. #BlueJays manager Charlie Montoyo expects Gurriel Jr. to be activated by time the Jays play Tampa September 5— Ben Nicholson-Smith (@bnicholsonsmith) August 30, 2019
- Kevin Smith, Cullen Large and Logan Warmoth are going to the Arizona Fall League along with four pitchers who haven’t been named yet.
- Thomas Hatch had a good start for the Fisher Cats yesterday, 7 innings, 2 earned, on 3 hits, no walks and 11 strikeouts. He’s made 6 starts New Hampshire, has a 2.80 ERA. In 35.1 innings he’s allowed 25 hits, 2 walks with 34 strikeouts.
- Simeon Woods Richardson also had a good start. He made 6 starts in Dunedin and had a 2.54 ERA. With 18 hits, 7 walks and 29 strikeouts in 28.1 innings.
- Socrates Brito was named the Bisons MVP. Brito hit .279/.325/.500 with 16 home runs, 11 steals and 7 times caught.
- Not Jays news, but the LA Times tells us that Tyler Skaggs had fentanyl, oxycodone, and alcohol in his system when he died.
Drury plays first today. I would like to see Tellez playing more but there might be a reason he is out.