GameThread Game #115: Blue Jays at Rays

New, comments
MLB: Houston Astros at Tampa Bay Rays Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

I’m sure all the mishaps in last night’s game were just a preview for what is likely to occur in this series as the Jays make a stop by the House of Horrors. Will the Baby Jays and a former Rays coach be able to break the spell of the Trop? Only time will tell.

Here are tonight’s lineups. The AL Player of the week bats 5th, Fisher gets a start in CF, and Galvis will DH. On the other side, old friend Eric Sogard bats 7th.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RAYS
Bo Bichette - SS Ji-Man Choi - 1B
Cavan Biggio - 2B Tommy Pham - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Austin Meadows - RF
Justin Smoak - 1B Jesus Aguilar - DH
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B Kevin Kiermaier - CF
Freddy Galvis - DH Mike Brosseau - 3B
Randal Grichuk - RF Eric Sogard - 2B
Derek Fisher - CF Mike Zunino - C
Reese McGuire - C Willy Adames - SS

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 14%
    0
    (12 votes)
  • 50%
    1
    (41 votes)
  • 25%
    2
    (21 votes)
  • 8%
    All 3!
    (7 votes)
81 votes total Vote Now

Poll

What will the attendance of today’s game be?

This poll is closed

  • 29%
    0-6,000
    (22 votes)
  • 42%
    6,000-9,000
    (32 votes)
  • 24%
    9,000-12,000
    (18 votes)
  • 4%
    12,000+
    (3 votes)
75 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will tonight’s game have some sort of weird and unexplainable play?

This poll is closed

  • 63%
    Seems inevitable
    (45 votes)
  • 36%
    Thankfully no
    (26 votes)
71 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.