GameThread Game #116: Blue Jays at Rays

New, comments
MLB: New York Yankees at Tampa Bay Rays Kim Klement-USA TODAY Sports

It’s quite possible the Blue Jays have found the cure for the curse of the Trop in one Bo Bichette. Tonight’s game will be a good opportunity to test that theory as the Jays look to take a series at the Trop (?!?!).

Here are tonight’s lineups. Bichette gets a DH day, Galvis will play SS and Drury gets another start at first.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RAYS
Bo Bichette - DH Ji-Man Choi - DH
Cavan Biggio - 2B Travis d'Arnaud - C
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Austin Meadows - LF
Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B Jesus Aguilar - 1B
Freddy Galvis - SS Eric Sogard - 2B
Randal Grichuk - RF Avisail Garcia - RF
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Kevin Kiermaier - CF
Brandon Drury - 1B Matt Duffy - 3B
Danny Jansen - C Willy Adames - SS

Poll

Will tonight’s game have some sort of weird and inexplicable play?

This poll is closed

  • 81%
    Seems inevitable
    (43 votes)
  • 18%
    No, thankfully
    (10 votes)
53 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Bo Bichette’s hit streak continue for another game?

This poll is closed

  • 85%
    Heck yes
    (42 votes)
  • 14%
    Sadly no
    (7 votes)
49 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many batters will Trent Thornton strike out tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 7%
    0-2
    (4 votes)
  • 33%
    3-4
    (19 votes)
  • 40%
    5-6
    (23 votes)
  • 19%
    7+
    (11 votes)
57 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.