GameThread Game #119: Yankees at Blue Jays

New, comments
New York Yankees v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Mark Blinch/Getty Images

Another day, another game against the Evil Empire. If we can hold them to single digit runs tonight, that would be good.

As one Blue Jay heads to the IL in Loudres Gurriel Jr, we have some injury updates on a bunch more. Not much of it seems great, really.

Here are tonight’s lineups. Grichuk moves up to the number 4 slot, Drury gets a start at first, and Bichette will go for his 10th straight game with a double atop the lineup.

Today's Lineups

YANKEES BLUE JAYS
DJ LeMahieu - 1B Bo Bichette - SS
Brett Gardner - CF Cavan Biggio - 2B
Gio Urshela - 3B Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B
Didi Gregorius - SS Randal Grichuk - RF
Cameron Maybin - RF Freddy Galvis - DH
Mike Tauchman - LF Teoscar Hernandez - CF
Austin Romine - C Brandon Drury - 1B
Mike Ford - DH Derek Fisher - LF
Breyvic Valera - 2B Danny Jansen - C

Poll

Will Bo Bichette hit another double today?

This poll is closed

  • 65%
    Heck yes
    (40 votes)
  • 34%
    Sadly no
    (21 votes)
61 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many runs will the Jays score off old friend JA Happ?

This poll is closed

  • 3%
    0-1
    (2 votes)
  • 26%
    2-3
    (14 votes)
  • 54%
    4-5
    (29 votes)
  • 15%
    6+
    (8 votes)
53 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many home runs will both teams hit combined tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 1%
    0-1
    (1 vote)
  • 12%
    2-3
    (7 votes)
  • 50%
    4-5
    (28 votes)
  • 34%
    6+
    (19 votes)
55 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.