GameThread Game #138: Astros at Blue Jays

New, comments
Houston Astros v Toronto Blue Jays Photo by Mark Blinch/Getty Images

The Blue Jays have a chance to take the series in today’s rubber match against the Astros. However, they’ll have to do it against one of the best in the game in Justin Verlander.

As today is September 1st, the team had a couple roster moves in addition to announcing the players to complete the Eric Sogard trade which Erik has recapped here.

Here are today’s lineups. Derek Fisher was a late scratch with a sprained ankle, Justin Smoak bats the highest he has all week, and Drury will get the last minute start in left field.

Today's Lineups

ASTROS BLUE JAYS
Jose Altuve - 2B Bo Bichette - SS
Michael Brantley - LF Cavan Biggio - 2B
Alex Bregman - SS Vladimir Guerrero Jr. - 3B
Yordan Alvarez - DH Justin Smoak - 1B
Aledmys Diaz - 1B Rowdy Tellez - DH
Abraham Toro - 3B Randal Grichuk - CF
Josh Reddick - RF Billy McKinney - RF
Robinson Chirinos - C Brandon Drury - LF
Jake Marisnick - CF Reese McGuire - C

Poll

How many runs will the Jays score against Justin Verlander?

This poll is closed

  • 41%
    0
    (20 votes)
  • 12%
    1
    (6 votes)
  • 12%
    2
    (6 votes)
  • 25%
    3
    (12 votes)
  • 8%
    4+
    (4 votes)
48 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Cavan Biggio have another extra base hit against the Astros today?

This poll is closed

  • 37%
    Heck yes!
    (14 votes)
  • 18%
    Heck yes, and it’ll be another dinger!
    (7 votes)
  • 43%
    Sadly no.
    (16 votes)
37 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many players traded between the Astros and the Blue Jays will appear in this game?

This poll is closed

  • 8%
    0-1
    (3 votes)
  • 27%
    2
    (10 votes)
  • 25%
    3
    (9 votes)
  • 16%
    4
    (6 votes)
  • 22%
    5+
    (8 votes)
36 votes total Vote Now

GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.