The Jays played their first road game and pick up their second loss of the season.
Matt Shoemaker had a rough time of it, going just 4.1, allowing 8 hits, 7 earned, 2 walks with 7. He gave up 3 home runs.
Chase Anderson didn’t fare any better, giving up 4 hits, 3 earned, 1 walk, 2 strikeouts, giving up 2 more home runs.
Wilmer Font finished out the game, going 1.2 scoreless, allowing just 1 walk with 4 strikeouts.
The Yankees had homers from:
- Brett Gardner a solo shot in the fifth.
- Mike Ford hit two out, a 3-run homer off Shoemaker in the fifth and a 2-run shot off Anderson in the seventh.
- Miguel Andujar had a 3-run homer off Shoemaker in the second.
- DJ LeMahieu had a solo homer in the seventh off Anderson.
There was a fair bit of offense from our guys too. 17 hits, including 3 home runs. Everyone in the lineup had, at least, one hit. Of note:
- Derek Fisher: 3 for 4 with a home run (his 3rd of the season, leading the team).
- Reese McGuire: 3 for 4, home run (his 2nd).
- Travis Shaw: 1 for 4, home run (his 2nd), and a walk.
- Bo Bichette: 2 for 5.
- Teoscar Hernandez: 2 for 5.
- Vladimir Guerrero: 2 for 5, double.
- Randal Grichuk: 2 for 5, double
Masahiro Tanaka had a rough day himself, giving up 11 hits, 4 earned, and 3 home runs, but he had 10 strikeouts in 6.2 innings. You are sequencing badly when you get 11 hits and 3 home runs, in just 6.2 but only score 4 runs.
The Yankees have a few players in the IL:
The Jays (and Yankees) are heading into an off-day (the Jays bullpen can use it) with the Jays still in first spot:
I should mention, if you want to run your own sim (of 2020, or any other season) you can buy it here.