The (sim) Jays played and won their first interleague game of the year.
Hyun-Jin Ryu made his third start of the season and it was his best of the three. Ryu went 6 innings, allowed just 3 hits, 2 walks with 7 strikeouts, earning his first win of the season.
And the bullpen pitched the final 3 innings without allowing a hit:
- Sam Gaviglio: 1 inning, 2 strikeouts.
- Brian Moran: 0.2, 1 k, 1 hit batter.
- Rafael Dolis: 1 out, a strikeout.
- Ken Giles: 1 inning 1 k. And his second save of the season.
On the offensively side, we didn’t do much, but it was enough. 5 hits and 1 walk with 9 strikeouts.
- 1 in the third: A solo Lourdes Gurriel homer, his third of the season.
- 2 in the fourth: Cavan Biggio singled, went to second on a wild pitch and third on a Vladimir Guerrrero ground out. Travis Shaw doubled him home and Shaw scored on Gurriel’s second hit of the game, a single.
Jays of the Day: Gurriel, Shaw and Ryu.
Gurriel is leading the league in RBI with 13. Xander Bogaerts and Alex Bregman have 12
Tomorrow Nate Pearson (1-0, 2.45) makes his third start of the season. Zack Wheeler (2-0, 0.69) starts for the Phillies.
The Jays are now 8-3.
If you are curious about the rest of the league:
And the NL: