clock menu more-arrow no yes
MLB: MAR 02 Spring Training - Pirates at Blue Jays Photo by Cliff Welch/Icon Sportswire via Getty Images

There are bits of Blue Jays news today.

More Jays made it to Toronto today: Lourdes Gurriel, Austin Martin,, Jonathan Davis, Forrest Wall and Josh Palacios are all at Rogers Centre.

Pete Walker zoom talked to the press today. Some things:

  • Chase Anderson won’t be ready for the start of the season. We knew that. The term day-to-day doesn’t work with oblique injuries. Apparently he played catch today.
  • He says that there are 2 open spot behind Ryu, Shoemaker and Roark in the rotation. Mentioned Trent Thornton (who I figured already had a spot), Shun Yamaghui, Ryan Borucki, Anthony Kay, Thomas Hatch and Nate Pearson as having a shot. They may piggy back to fill the spots.
  • Rafael Dolis and Jordan Romano are impressing.
  • Hyun-Jin Ryu is to throw 70 pitches today in the intrasquad game. Roark is also to throw, The game starts right away with ‘crowd noise’ and announcements.

Tomorrow and Wednesday games will be on TV. Both at 6:30 Eastern. We should have a gamethread.

Another player has opted out:

He wasn’t to start the season on the roster but likely would have been able to play in August.

Oh and I get mail.

The return of baseball season is nearly here, and with it comes those foods synonymous with the game. For fans its hot dogs and roasted nuts, but on the field and in the dugout, sunflower seeds are the snack of choice. Starting this year BiGS Sunflower Seeds, known for its bold flavours has partnered up with third baseman, Vladimir Guerrero Jr. for a two-year partnership.

If you follow Vlad on Instagram, you’ll see video showing Vlad’s love of BiGS’ Seeds.