GameThread Game #2: Blue Jays at Rays

New, 404 comments

We have a *major league debut* alert!

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays at Tampa Bay Rays Mary Holt-USA TODAY Sports

Saturday is a good day for more baseball. Let’s stay safe and play ball!

Here are today’s lineups. Lourdes Gurriel will make his season debut, Reese McGuire will catch, and Santiago Espinal will be making his major league debut.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS RAYS
Bo Bichette - SS Ji-Man Choi - 1B
Cavan Biggio - 2B Brandon Lowe - LF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Yandy Diaz - 3B
Vladimir Guerrero - DH Yoshi Tsutsugo - DH
Travis Shaw - 1B Joey Wendle - 2B
Randal Grichuk - CF Manuel Margot - RF
Teoscar Hernandez - RF Kevin Kiermaier - CF
Reese McGuire - C Willy Adames - SS
Santiago Espinal - 3B Michael Perez - C
Matt Shoemaker - RHP Ryan Yarbrough - LHP

Poll

How many innings will the Shoe cobble together today?

This poll is closed

  • 5%
    0.1-3
    (4 votes)
  • 14%
    4
    (11 votes)
  • 41%
    5
    (31 votes)
  • 37%
    6!
    (28 votes)
74 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will Santiago Espinal get his first hit today?

This poll is closed

  • 50%
    Heck yes
    (37 votes)
  • 50%
    Sadly no
    (37 votes)
74 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many home runs will the Jays hit today?

This poll is closed

  • 11%
    Not a one
    (8 votes)
  • 37%
    Just one
    (26 votes)
  • 37%
    Two!
    (26 votes)
  • 13%
    Three or more!
    (9 votes)
69 votes total Vote Now

GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.