Monday Bantering: Starting lineups and bits of Jays news

New, 50 comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Tampa Bay Rays Photo by Douglas P. DeFelice/Getty Images

I’m away for a couple of days, when I come back I’m logged out and have no idea what my password is.....this is a Monday.

Today lineups, Our old friend Eric Thames is DHing. No Randal Grichuk tonight, it sounds like he’ll be day-to-day. And Panik in at third.

Lineup

BLUE JAYS NATIONALS
Bo Bichette, SS Trea Turner, SS
Cavan Biggio, 2B Adam Eaton, RF
Lourdes Gurriel, LF Starlin Castro, 2B
Vladimir Guerrero, 1B Howie Kendrick, 1B
Rowdy Tellez, DH Asdrubal Carerra, 3B
Reoscar Hernandez, CF Eric Thames, DH
Joe Panik, 3B Kuct Suzuki, C
Danny Jansen, C Victor Robles, CF
Derek Fisher, RF Michael A. Taylor, LF
Trent Thornton, P Anibal Sanchez, P

After a few games my main complaint is that with a 60-game season and 15 guys in the bullpen I’m wanting Charlie to have a quicker hook. It is going to take a bit to figure out who should have which role but we should be able to pull guys who clearly don’t have it that night.

And Montoyo’s excuse for letting Giles stay out on the mound doesn’t work:

If you think he ‘looked fine’ then a career in baseball management might not be for you.

We asked on the bench, but he was fine. He said he was fine. We called from the bench and he said he was fine.

No, this isn’t the way things work, you have to use your eyes. He is a baseball player, they will always say they are fine. “They noticed the velocity dip”. That could have been a hint, yes, but looking at him on the mound was more than a hint. I also think the training staff could have been more proactive too.

Anyway, Giles is having a MRI today. I’m guessing he’ll end up on the IL, but I’ll hope it isn’t overly serious.

My math skills aren’t what they used to be, but 11 players testing positive (to this point), and 3 guys on the taxi squad. I’d think the Marlins will need to bring up guys from the 17 extras on the 60-man roster.

Ummmm shouldn’t this be the same for all players?