Jays roster moves: Ken Giles on IL

New, 15 comments
Toronto Blue Jays v Tampa Bay Rays Photo by Douglas P. DeFelice/Getty Images

The Blue Jays are putting Ken Giles on the IL before getting results on his MRI, so he is out at least 10 days. Anthony Bass will move to the closer spot. I hope A.J. Cole jumps a couple of guys on the leverage ladder.

Ryan Borucki takes his place on the roster. He’s likely to follow Trent Thornton in tonight’s game.

And Travis Shaw is going to be missing for a “family matter”. I hope all is ok. Wilmer Font was activated and will be a 1 inning guy.

Chase Anderson will pitch a simulated game Wednesday, so we may see him soon after.

This is going to be an interesting season, for however long it lasts.

And here is some good news: