GameThread Game #4: Blue Jays at Nats

New, 647 comments
MLB: New York Yankees at Washington Nationals
Washington Nationals relief pitcher Daniel Hudson (44) hangs over the right field fence while watching from the bullpen against the New York Yankees in the eighth inning at Nationals Park.
Geoff Burke-USA TODAY Sports

Fresh off a series loss to the Sith, the Nationals welcome the (hopefully COVID-free) Blue Jays to DC.

Here are today’s lineups. Panik gets a start at 3rd as Shaw is dealing with a family issue, Teoscar will play center, and Derek Fisher gets the start in right. Should also mention old friend Eric Thames is DHing for the Nats.

Today's Lineups

BLUE JAYS NATIONALS
Bo Bichette - SS Trea Turner - SS
Cavan Biggio - 2B Adam Eaton - RF
Lourdes Gurriel - LF Starlin Castro - 2B
Vladimir Guerrero - 1B Howie Kendrick - 1B
Rowdy Tellez - DH Asdrubal Cabrera - 3B
Teoscar Hernandez - CF Eric Thames - DH
Joe Panik - 3B Kurt Suzuki - C
Danny Jansen - C Victor Robles - CF
Derek Fisher - RF Michael Taylor - LF
Trent Thornton - RHP Anibal Sanchez - RHP

Poll

How many games will the Jays win in this series?

This poll is closed

  • 4%
    0
    (3 votes)
  • 17%
    1
    (11 votes)
  • 35%
    2
    (22 votes)
  • 24%
    3
    (15 votes)
  • 17%
    All 4!
    (11 votes)
62 votes total Vote Now

Poll

Will there be a new Blue Jay player who hasn’t worn a mask during a game previously be wearing a mask tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 84%
    Yep, have you seen the news?
    (16 votes)
  • 15%
    Nope.
    (3 votes)
19 votes total Vote Now

Poll

How many innings will Thornton and Borucki pitch combined tonight?

This poll is closed

  • 0%
    3
    (0 votes)
  • 33%
    4-5
    (16 votes)
  • 31%
    6
    (15 votes)
  • 31%
    7
    (15 votes)
  • 4%
    8-9
    (2 votes)
48 votes total Vote Now
GO JAYS GO

We are glad you are here, and hope you feel welcome. As a reminder, we have rules. Mostly it's "don't be terrible," but these days it's also, "please debate about baseball and not the coronavirus." If a moderator asks you to stop doing something, please stop. If you want to discuss the rules, don't do it in the thread. Email Tom instead. We also have a BBB Glossary full of GameThread lingo you can find here.